Oposição Haiti espera Rejeitar cinco indicações primeiro-ministro no final do ano
- Quinta-feira, 15 de setembro, 2011 9:03
- Acessos: 2968
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Dando continuidade a uma tendência que começou em junho passado, a oposição dominada Haiti parlamento revelou hoje que eles esperam para rejeitar um total de cinco dos nomeados presidente Michel Martelly para primeiro-ministro até o final do ano.
“We have given the thumbs-down to two nominees so far,” Senator Louidor Mezard told reporters at a press conference. “So, we’re on track to reach our goal.”
Since he came into office on May 14, Martelly has been unable to establish a functioning government in the earthquake-battered country because parliament has denied two of his candidates for the post. Although the rejection has left the administration in limbo, opposition members vow to rebuff three more picks before the year is over.
“Five years ago, we would’ve rejected at least ten nominees,” Mezard said. “However, given the current social and economic crises facing the country, we will only nix five applicants this year.”
Though there are only three refusals left for the year, opposition senators and deputies strongly urge the president to submit his considerations of prime minister over the coming months in order to avoid a stalemate spill into next year.
“It’s been over a month since we voted not to ratify the last guy,” Mezard said. “We’re more than ready to do it again.”
Mezard added: “The longer Martelly waits to name a nominee for us to turn down, the longer it will take to lift the country out of its turmoil.”
It appears that Martelly has heeded the advice of the opposition groups and recently tapped Dr. Garry Conille, a recent top aide to former U.S. President Bill Clinton, to serve the impoverished nation as its next prime minister. Legislative leaders said they eagerly look forward to promptly criticizing and opposing Conille’s nomination for head of a new government.
“This announcement is a step in the right direction and we are very delighted Martelly has made a new selection,” Mezard said. “We’ll begin the process to swiftly veto Mr. Conille’s candidacy so we can move on to the president’s next choice.”
Despite suggestions and outright pleas from legislators across the aisle that opposition officials seriously consider each prospect before voting against him, opposition lawmakers remain steadfast on achieving their five-rejection quota before the year ends.
That being the case, sources close to Martelly say the president now plans to nominate a number of people who has absolutely zero executive experience in order not to waste suitable appointments until congress is ready to confirm a highly qualified candidate. An unidentified source revealed Martelly will deploy this new strategy by nominating ex-Fugees Prazwell next.
Elekekepepe é a principal fonte da Web de Humor e Comédia haitiano
2011/04/06 relacionado: Martelly Garante haitianos, Presidência não irá interferir com Concertos [Sátira]