President Martelly Promises a Better Haiti in 2012
- Monday, December 05, 2011 11:20 AM
Written by External Source (see below)
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti (defend.ht) - President Michel Martelly promised a better year in 2012 following his return from Caracas, Venezuela, Inaugural Countries of Latin America and Caribbean Summit.
"We must work together to overcome obstacles to achieve a better collaboration between different sectors of the state," President Martelly said, quoted by Haiti Press Network.
Martelly welcomed what he characterized as a renewed relationship with legislatures saying, "I see that things are better with parliamentarians." The president made notice of two senators, Wencesclass Lambert (Sud-Est/Inite) and Jocelerme Privert (Nippes/Inite) who accompanied him to Venezuela.
The president said "I acknowledge my mistakes, I will come to recognize my mistakes and I will start to move forward because I strive to improve the lives of the people."
President Michel Martelly appealed to the nations of Latin America and the Caribbean at CELAC in hopes to see several projects realized in 2012. The Office of the President announced:
- - a promise to reduce the cost of obtaining a visa in Panama, which is currently $1,000 [US],
- - a delegation of south American investors to visit in the coming days,
- - the construction of a hydroelectric power plant in Artibonite, a project of Brazil and $40 million of its dollars,
- - Aba Grangou, a feeding program that will help 100,000 mothers feed their families with the assistance of Ecuador and CELAC,
- - and an International Day of Solidarity with the People of Latin America and the Caribbean, scheduled for March 12, 2013 in Jacmel.
Along with the establishment of the army, free education and 500,000 jobs, Michel Martelly, has made ambitious announcements that the Haitian people will continue to look forward to.
Related 12.03.2011: Martelly Reiterates Call for Investment at CELAC Summit
Related 12.02.2011: Haiti and Venezuela Most Corrupt Countries in Hemisphere
Related 12.02.2011: Dominican Supreme Court Upholds Denial of Nationality by Birth by Aliens
Related 12.02.2011: Haiti: Martelly Hopes to Meet 9 Heads of States in December
Related 12.01.2011: President Martelly Thursday in Caracas for Latin American and Caribbean summit
Related 11.30.2011: Haiti: Martelly to Visit Hugo Chavez in First of Series of Diplomatic Visits
Sources: Michel Martelly, Haiti Press Network