Food & Drink
- Tuesday, February 22, 2011 3:45 PM
- Hits: 4794
It's cold in temperature but hot in taste. Hot sauce is the alternative, this is the preferred spice for foods. It goes great with anything.
- 6 Scotch bonnet peppers
- 2 cups thinly sliced or shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced or shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced or shredded onions
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 tsp salt - 8 to 10 peppercorns (optional)
- 3 cups vinegar
1. Snip off the stem of the peppers, cut each into 4 pieces, and keep the peppers, cabbage, carrots, onion, cloves, salt, and peppercorn in a quart size jar. Then add vinegar.
2. Close jar tightly and let sit at least 24-48 hours before serving.
3. Serve with meat or fish.