Medios de comunicación
Asociación periodista haitiano. Impresionado por la actitud Martelly 'bruto' hacia la prensa
- Martes, 11 de octubre 2011 15:31
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haití (defend.ht) - La Asociación de Periodistas Haitianos (AJH) continuó presionando al Presidente de Haití para reconciliar sus diferencias con la prensa para promover un ambiente libre y transparente. El Secretario General de la AJH, escribió en un comunicado de prensa la postura de su organización sobre el presidente y respuestas recientes.
The Association of Haitian Journalists (AJH), shocked by the insults uttered by President Michel Joseph Martelly at journalist Germain Etienne of Scoop FM on Monday, October 3, is now shocked to hear the reaction of the head of state, persisting in his attitude disrespectful, irreverent and rude towards the guild of journalists, members of society.
"I did not like the way I was approached and I said, and it's over," indeed said President Michel Joseph Martelly, invited to speak on this new verbal slip, at a press conference at the National Palace on October 6.
The Association of Haitian Journalists believes it is important to remind the President's attention that he is a servant and therefore must respect the smallest of Haitians, according to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The Association reminds the head of state he is the guardian of the Constitution and one of the guarantors of the proper functioning of the various institutions of society.
The Association of Haitian Journalists will once again draw attention to certain events by facing the press, supporters of President Joseph Michel Martelly and sometimes the head of state himself:
• Aux Cayes, December 8, 2010, individuals on behalf of Joseph Michel Martelly ransacked the offices of Radio FM Lebon and threatened journalists following the publication of preliminary results of parliamentary and presidential;
• In Port-au-Prince, March 9, 2011, the candidate Joseph Michel Martelly, has issued verbal attacks against the journalist Pierre Gotson during a debate in the second round of presidential and legislative elections;
• In Gonaives, May 22, 2011, agents of the Departmental Unit of maintaining order (UDMO), have shaken and broken equipment working journalists covering the visit of President Joseph Michel Martelly, following the fire procurement of Gonaives;
• In Port-au-Prince, July 27, 2011, President Joseph Michel Martelly at the launch of the journal tourist Magic Haiti, reported the press responsible for the projection of the negative image of Haiti to the outside and asked the press to shut up. He even threatened to use force against those who say homesickness, which the press;
• In Jacmel, July 28, 2011, security guards of President Joseph Michel Martelly have pushed reporters and expelled from the conference room during a visit he was doing in this city.
The Association of Haitian Journalists will not abdicate his responsibilities and is always quick to denounce and, in the future, to use all peaceful remedies necessary in the battle for respect for press freedom, freedom of expression and the right to information.
Relacionado 10.05.2011: Asociación de Medios de Haití condena el abuso verbal de Martelly periodista haitiano joven
Relacionado 10.04.2011: Orgs la Libertad de Prensa Invitar a Martelly para disculparse por abusar verbalmente periodista haitiano joven
Relacionado 10.04.2011: Presidente Martelly amenaza Vulgaridad hacia la Madre del Periodista
Relacionado 07.28.2011: Le Matin: Martelly "muy hostil a los trabajadores de los medios de comunicación"